Car Insurance or motor insurance as commonly referred to, helps to protect the losses you might incur while driving on a busy road. The loss could be a result of an accident or theft. The premium amount of your car insurance is decided on the basis of Insured Declared Value or IDV of the vehicle. A slight change in IDV can make a whole lot of difference to the motor insurance premium. If you raise the IDV, the premium rises and if you lower it down, the premium reduces.
The Sum Insured Offered by Your four Wheeler Car Insurance Policy
The Insured Declared Value (IDV) is calculated on the basis of a number of factors including:
The selling price of the car that the manufacturer’s listed and the listed value of any car accessory after reducing the depreciation for each year according to the schedule offered by the Indian Motor Tariff
In case the manufacturer’s listed selling price does not include the pricing of any electrical items installed in the car, then the real value (after depreciation) of the item can be added to the sum insured more than the IDV.
In case the 4-wheeler installed the CNG/LPG kit, it will be insured separately at an additional premium of 4% as per the value of the kit. You need to specify this in the proposal form.
Coverage under Car Insurance
Car insurance is of 3 types – Third Party Liability Coverage, Collision Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage.
- Third Party Liability Coverage
Third Party Car Insurance covers you against any legal liability to a third party resulting when you are at-fault driver. It covers damage/injury caused by you to another person/property. A Third Party Liability cover is legally mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act and car insurance policy in India.
- Collision Coverage
Collision Coverage protects the insured financially against damage to his/her own car. It pays the insured for damage caused by collision. Damage/loss due to theft or vandalism is not included in collision coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage
A comprehensive car insurance policy provides extensive coverage, so it is preferred by most people. The coverage includes damage or theft of vehicle, third party legal liability and personal accident cover. The coverage of the policy can be further extended by opting for add-ons such as medical expenses, engine protector, accessories cover, zero depreciation cover etc.
No Claim Bonus
For every claim free year, the insured is rewarded with a discount on the renewal premium. This discount is No Claim Bonus (NCB) which rises every year. It ranges from 10% to 50% that can save considerable amount of money.
Key Benefits of Our Online 4 Wheeler Insurance
- Coverage against damage or loss of the insured 4 wheeler
- Coverage against loss or damage to your vehicle caused by accident, theft, fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, riots, strikes or act of terrorism, natural calamities
- Coverage against financial liability caused by injury/death of a third party or damage to the property
- Personal accident cover
What is not covered in Car Insurance?
- Loss or damage if a policy is not in force
- Frequent wear and tear of car and its parts
- Damage or loss to vehicle when driven by person without valid driving license
- Damage or loss to vehicle due to intoxication like alcohol, drugs etc.
- Damage or loss to the car engine because of oil leakage
- Damage or loss to vehicle because of abusing the car manufacturer’s guidelines
In case, your car meet with an accident, follow these Tips:
- Immediately jot down the number of other vehicle involved in the accident, if any
- Don’t forget to note down the contact details of witnesses, if any
- Contact us to get your claim number
- Our CCE team will guide you for the documents you need for claim processing
- File an FIR at the nearest police station if any bodily damage, property damage or theft
How do we deal with your claim?
- Our executive will contact you within 24 hours of registering the claim
- You are required to submit all essential documents for the claim
- Our executive will get an estimate for repairing the vehicle and give you immediate call after assessment
- The payment will be made to the garage directly after the repairing is over